From the June/July 2018 issue
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 TBSP coconut or avocado oil
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 (14-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place the porcini mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 15-30 minutes. Drain and chop.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTÉ. Add the oil. When hot, add the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rehydrated porcini mushrooms and white mushrooms. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, kale, and zucchini. Stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and broth. Press the OFF key. Close the lid and turn the vent to SEALING. Press the MANUAL key, HIGH PRESSURE, and then use the + or – buttons to set the time to 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps to signal that it’s done, press CANCEL. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 2-3 minutes, then perform a quick release by adjusting the vent, being careful to avoid the released steam. When done, remove the lid. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls, topped with parsley