From December/January 2015 issue
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (preferably fruit juice sweetened)
- 5–6 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallot and sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale and toasted seeds.
- Pour the warm dressing over the kale and toss to coat well.
- Season to taste before serving.