- 2.8 ounces (80 g) unseasoned pork rinds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ scant teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided, for the pan
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened smooth almond butter
- Place the pork rinds in a spice grinder or blender. Grind to a very fine but clumping powder (it will clump together when pinched because of the fat content in the pork rinds).
- Transfer the ground pork rinds to a small bowl and add the cinnamon and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, and stevia. Add the pork rind mixture and stir to incorporate.
- In an 8-inch (20-cm) nonstick frying pan, melt ½ tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Preheat your oven to the lowest temperature possible.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into the hot oiled pan and spread the batter evenly into a circle with the back of a spoon or by rotating the pan. Do not allow the batter to migrate too far up the sides of the pan, or it will burn. Cook the pancake for 4 to 5 minutes, until bubbles form all over. Flip carefully and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the completed pancake to a clean oven-safe plate and place in the preheated oven.
- Add another ½ tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan. The batter may have thickened while sitting. If so, add water, a splash at a time, and mix until the batter returns to its original consistency, being careful not to add too much water.
- Pour another quarter of the batter into the pan, form it into a circle, and cook, following Step 6. Repeat with the remaining coconut oil and batter.
- While the last pancake is cooking, prepare the sauce: Melt the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and put it in a small bowl along with the almond butter. Stir to combine.
- When the pancakes are ready, divide between 2 plates and drizzle with the almond butter sauce. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
MAKE IT NUT-FREE: Use coconut butter in place of the almond butter.
- Serving Size: PER 2 PANCAKES
- Calories: 885
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 920mg
- Fat: 71.3g
- Saturated Fat: 44g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 52.8g
- Cholesterol: 342mg