From August/September 2013 issue
- 4 medium beets, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice beets thin with mandolin slicer or by hand using a sharp knife. You may wish to cut the beet in half first so it lays flat and won’t roll around while trying to slice. * Remember beets can stain so make sure you are cutting them on a chopping board.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl; mix well to combine. Lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm.