A jar of these homemade lemon-rosemary olives is a perfect stocking stuffer this holiday season. Or give a jar to your dinner host any time of year.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 dried red chili pepper or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 oz mixed olives (green and black, with pits)
- In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, gently heat the olive oil just until it starts to bubble. Turn off the heat. Add the lemon zest, dried pepper (or pepper flakes), and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Place the olives in a medium bowl. Pour the oil mixture over the olives. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, cover and refrigerate the olives for 24-48 hours. To serve, remove olives from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature before enjoying.
- Marinated olives will stay fresh for several weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.