From the June/July 2017 issue
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- 1/4 cup (packed) pitted Medjool dates (about 4 large dates)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TBSP finely grated lime zest
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until thick and smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze-churn for 25-30 minutes until the ice cream has the consistency of soft serve.
- Serve right away or transfer to a container and freeze for firmer ice cream.
- Thaw frozen ice cream at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before scooping.