From the April/May 2012 issue
- 1/2 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup organic raw sunflower seed kernels
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup organic dried cherries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pure Grade B maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
Option – Instead of dried cherries, try diced apples and add some cinnamon for fall flavor!
- Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, coating everything well with the maple syrup.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350o oven for 12-15 minutes, or until coconut is golden. Stir once half way through.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. If you choose, now is the time to toss in a few pieces of crushed dark chocolate.
- When completely cooled, mixture will be crunchy and delicious! Use as a snack or put some in a bowl with a little coconut milk for breakfast cereal in the morning.