In a recent study, researchers looked at the effects of different fats on the aging livers of rats.
Rats were fed one of three types of fats for 24 months: monounsaturated (virgin olive oil), omega-6 polyunsaturated (sunflower oil), or omega-3 polyunsaturated (fish oil).
Researchers then analyzed the following variables:
• The degree of fat accumulation
• Oxidative stress (the damaging molecules neutralized by antioxidants)
• Liver fibrosis (how much liver tissue converted to inactive, fibrous tissue)
You have met your free view limit. To access the full article, please login or subscribe.
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Paleo Magazine is the leading print publication dedicated to the Paleo lifestyle and provides readers with the information they need to live strong, vibrant, healthy lives.
- Immediate access to all web content.
- Immediate access to our library of 40+ back issues.
- 1-yr of Paleo Magazine delivered to your door weeks before it’s available in stores.
- Free digital extras (Paleo 101 & 102 ebooks and Farmers Market guide).