In a recent study, researchers looked at the effects of different fats on the aging livers of rats.
Rats were fed one of three types of fats for 24 months: monounsaturated (virgin olive oil), omega-6 polyunsaturated (sunflower oil), or omega-3 polyunsaturated (fish oil).
Researchers then analyzed the following variables:
• The degree of fat accumulation
• Oxidative stress (the damaging molecules neutralized by antioxidants)
• Liver fibrosis (how much liver tissue converted to inactive, fibrous tissue)
You have met your free view limit. To access the full article, please login or subscribe.
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Subscribe TodayPaleoMagazine.com is the premiere source for everything related to the Paleo lifestyle and ancestral health.
Digital Subscriptions Include:
- Access to 850+ delicious, grain-free, gluten-free Paleo recipes.
- Access to 650+ high-quality, carefully curated articles.
- Regularly updated content from expert contributors.
- Weekly specials via email notifications.
Select your subscription: