- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10–15 minutes until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a large spoon, roughly smash the potatoes with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.