Makes about 24 cookies
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp (packed) finely grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond fl our, chopped nuts, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Place the fennel seeds on a cutting board and gently chop them with a sharp
- knife until they appear slightly crushed. Add to the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, egg yolk, olive oil, applesauce, and orange zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir to form a thick dough.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and place them 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets. Using your fingertips, flatten each cookie to about ¼-inch thick. (Wet your fingers slightly with water if the dough sticks to them.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely before serving.