- Place the raw cashews into a bowl of room temperature water so that it covers the cashews, drape a paper towel or tea towel over the bowl to prevent dust settling, and soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Place the soaked cashews, 1/2 cup fresh water, and coconut oil into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice each date along one side so that it opens up and fill each date with the cashew ‘cheese’ and close it up. Wrap one of the half-slices of bacon around the date and place on baking tray with sides (as the fat from the bacon tends to run).
- Bake for 20 minutes before flipping the bacon-wrapped dates over (with tongs).
- Bake for another 10 minutes (i.e. for a total of 30 minutes).