by Vanessa Davis – https://www.plaidandpaleo.com
Instagram Guest Recipe, @plaidandpaleo
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 to 4 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 4 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup. Blend until smooth. Taste and add the remaining maple syrup, if desired.
- Pour the berry mixture into a large saucepan, place on the stove, and turn the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it just starts to bubble. Add the mint leaves and remove the pan from the heat. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the sparkling water, and then strain the mixture into a shallow dish. Discard the strained solids.
- Place the dish into the freezer and freeze for 2 hours, or until ice crystals form around the edges.
- Remove the dish from the freezer and, using a fork, scrape the ice crystals from the edges into the center of the dish. Return dish to the freezer and repeat this process every 30 minutes, until the entire mixture is crystallized but not frozen solid.
- To serve, scoop granita into serving dishes and enjoy!