For the burgers
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) ghee or coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1 onion, finely diced (divided into 2 portions)
- 1.5 lb (680 g) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon (2 g) fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional ghee or coconut oil to cook with
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) additional ghee
- 1/4 cup (8 g) parsley, finely chopped
- Place the 2 Tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil into a frying pan and cook half the diced onions in the pan until they turn translucent.
- Let the onions cool and then add them (including the oil in the pan) to a mixing bowl with the ground beef, egg, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and form 6-8 patties from the meat mixture.
- Cook the patties in a frying pan with additional ghee or coconut oil until both sides are well browned (make flatter patties if you prefer the burgers to be well-done).
- For the sauce, pour out the remaining oil from the pan, add in the 2 Tablespoons of additional ghee and saute the rest of the diced onions. Then add in the beef stock and reduce the sauce down for a few minutes. Add in the parsley and serve the sauce with the burgers.
- Serving Size: 2 Burgers
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 36
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 35