- 1 hatch chile pepper or poblano pepper
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Variations to try: add cheese (if you tolerate dairy), meat, or veggies to the eggs to give the enchilada more oomph!
- Slice off the top of the hatch chile. Remove the seeds and inner stem that are attached to it. With a knife make a slit from the top of the chile to the bottom.
- “Uncurl” the chile. From the slit, open it up by prying it just enough to lay basically flat.
- Roast in the oven, over a gas stove, or on a grill until charred black on the outside and softened. You WANT charring. It give amazing flavor!
- While pepper is roasting, scramble up those eggs to whatever level of “doneness” you like. Salt and pepper to taste. TIP: Crack eggs directly into the skillet and start to scramble when the bottoms become white. Saves a bowl!!
- When eggs are done, assemble the enchilada. Simply lay out the roasted pepper on your plate. Pile eggs on top and then roll it up into an enchilada. Top with salsa, cheese, and/or guacamole before digging in!