- 1/2 cup almonds, ground using a food processor or blender
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from the top of 1 can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- sweetener of choice (I added 1 teaspoon of raw honey, but stevia also works)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of cloves
- dash of cardamom (optional)
- Heat the coconut cream and water in a small saucepan on medium heat until it forms a liquid.
- Add in the ground almonds and sweetener and stir to mix in.
- Keep stirring for approximately 5 minutes (it’ll start to thicken a bit more).
- Add in the spices (have a taste to check whether you want more sweetener or spices) and serve hot.
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 48 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 10 g