- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into small bite size pieces
- 4 slices thick cut nitrate free bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium golden potatoes or sweet potatoes, diced (omit if you have blood sugar issues)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan over medium heat fry the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Leaving the remaining bacon fat in the pan (about 2 Tablespoons) throw in the chicken and the potato. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until chicken starts to brown then add in the onion and the red pepper.
- Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook until potatoes are tender and the onions and pepper are soft, another 5-10 minutes.
- If the pan seems too dry add in a drizzle or two of olive oil.
- In the last minute of cooking add in the spinach and cook just until wilted.
- While the hash is cooking fry your eggs over easy in a small pan over medium heat.
- To serve top the hash with crumbled bacon and a fried egg.