- Gather two separate small bowls. In one whisk the egg and the tapioca starch together. In the other combine the coconut, coconut flour, salt and paprika.
- Butterfly your shrimp by slicing down the back of them until they open up and could almost lay flat.
- You can choose to leave the tails on which I do to make flipping and eating easier.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg wash, let the excess fall off then dredge through the coconut mixture.
- In batches so the pan isn’t too crowded fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are opaque in the center and golden brown on the outside.
- If the pan runs out of oil simply add 1 or 2 more tablespoons before the next batch.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve with warmed sauce.
- Serving Size: 2