From the October/November 2016 issue
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of a large cast-iron skillet. Place the parchment-lined skillet in the oven while it preheats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tapioca flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, and egg.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and carefully spread it out with a spatula to 1/4- to 1/3-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary and pepper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into strips or wedges before serving.
- Can be served warm or room temperature. (Store baked flatbread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)