- 2 large zucchinis (or small squash)
- 3/4 lb cooked shredded beef (I like to make a beef roast in the slow cooker and then shred it)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil to cook with
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop the zucchinis lengthwise in half and scoop out the seeds in the middle with a spoon (so you’re left with 2 boats per zucchini).
- Place the zucchini boats skin side down on a baking tray and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the zucchini boats in the oven for around 20-30 minutes until tender (the exact timing will depend on the size and type of the zucchini or squash). Tender means you can easily stick a fork through it.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a skillet and saute the sliced tomatoes and shredded beef on medium heat.
- Saute (i.e., cook with frequent stirring) until the tomatoes are falling apart (approx 10-15 minutes). Add garlic, salt, and pepper just before the saute is done.
- When the zucchini boats are cooked, place some of the beef and tomato saute on top of each boat and sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top of the beef.
- Serving Size: 2 boats