- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 3 TBSP mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and brown, 8-10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Scoop the egg yolks into a small food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Stir in most of the pancetta, reserving a bit for garnish. Spoon the mixture back into the egg whites. Garnish the eggs with the remaining pancetta, a sprinkle of smoked paprika, and chopped chives. Serve immediately. (To make in advance, do not garnish and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Garnish only prior to serving.)