From the December/January 2018 issue
- 12 medium parsnips (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into thin fries
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the parsnips in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Spread out on the baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the fries and return to the oven.
- Increase heat to 450ºF. Bake for 8-10 minutes more until beginning to get crispy and brown in spots. (Watch closely so they don’t burn.)
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with the lemon zest, granulated garlic, and parsley.
- Add additional salt if desired.
- Serve warm.