From the December/January 2018 issue
Makes about 30
- 1 cup Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 7 TBSP water
- 4 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 garlic, minced or finely grated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup prepared pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add the water and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Mix to form a dough. Knead in the bowl several times. Gather the dough into a ball. Place between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut out cracker shapes using a 2-1/2 inch round cookie cutter. Place the crackers on the baking sheets. (They can be placed close together as the crackers do not spread.) Re-roll the scraps of dough until all of it has been used. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pans once halfway through, until crisp and lightly browned. Cool completely on the baking sheets. (Crackers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.)
- In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread pesto on the crackers and top with the tomato mixture. Serve right away.