3 Free Articles Remaining (through 02/01/70)
Pesto-packed chicken and creamy sun-dried tomatoes pair to create a vibrant and indulgent salad that will keep you satisfied! The toasted pine nuts, golden raisins and kalamata olives add color and nutrients to this tasty dish.
- 2 cups packed, fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed arugula leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- Place all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- In a medium bowl toss together the arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, raisins and olives.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the cubed chicken and pesto. Stir until the chicken is fully coated.
- To serve, place the arugula salad on serving plates and then top each with a scoop of the pesto chicken.