From the December/January 2019 issue
- 1 TBSP mushroom, diced small
- 1 TBSP onion, diced small
- 1 TBSP green pepper, diced small
- 3 lg eggs, whisked
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt + addtl to taste
- 6-10 whole pepperoni, chopped
- 2 TBSP coconut or nut milk
- ½ – 1 TBSP pizza or tomato sauce
- 1 TBSP oil for pan
- Mix eggs, coconut milk, pepperoni, spices/herbs and vegetables in a small bowl
- Melt oil in an omelet pan over low-med heat.
- Pour egg mixture into omelet pan. Move pan around to fully cover base if needed. Allow to cook until it starts to become semi-solid.
- Use a spatula around the pan to break the egg away from the edges. Move pan around to allow any excess liquid to come off the top and fill the void around the edges.Allow to cook and become solid for another 15-30 seconds.
- Then use a spatula to fold the omelet in half. Leave in pan another 15-30 seconds until fully cooked. Remove with spatula and plate.
- Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread the pizza sauce across the top.