Today on the show, we welcome arguably one of the best athletes on the planet. His name is TJ Dillashaw, and he is one of the most hardworking MMA professionals out there today. He is a two-time bantamweight champion, business owner, and game hunter hobbyist. TJ is currently training for a fight taking place on August 4 in LA, and his prep involves an intense multiple-month training camp. In this episode, TJ shares how he prepares his body and his mind for the intensity of these training camps. TJ also recently switched his diet to a more ketogenic-type lifestyle and has had to adjust his training along with it. We find out why TJ made this switch and how the diet has given him so much energy and assisted in stabilizing his hormones. We also find out about TJ’s all-natural spice company, why he has decided to switch to all-natural skin products, and at the end of the episode, he takes us on a mind-hike into his adventurous world as a game hunter hobbyist. If you’re looking for some insight into the life, mind, and diet of a world champion athlete, then this episode is for you.
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about the all-natural spice company TJ runs on the side.
- What it’s like fighting a new opponent versus a previously fought opponent.
- Find out more about maintaining bantamweight throughout the year.
- Learn more about the process of losing water weight fast at the end of camp.
- TJ shares more details about his ketogenic-type eating and lifestyle.
- What TJ’s feel-bad-about-yourself-post-fight binge looks like.
- Find out how TJ’s training has evolved with his diet changes.
- Discover how TJ allows his body to heal between training.
- The supplements that TJ is taking to help him with his training.
- Learn more about Muscle Pharm and the importance of third-party testing.
- Why TJ is trying to go as natural as possible with his skincare products.
- TJ shares more about his hobby as a game hunter and some of his hunts.
- Learn about the process and the rewards of hunting an animal yourself.
- And much more
“I like to figure my opponent out, and the more time I get in there with them, the more I can figure them out.” — @TJDillashaw [0:06:20.1]
“I hold myself accountable year-round, which makes my weight cut easier.” — @TJDillashaw [0:08:40.1]
“My diet’s a huge part of what’s been changing me over the last year and half.” — @TJDillashaw [0:10:50.1]
“I wish I would have been in my diet in college because now I know what it feels like to be at my best.” — @TJDillashaw [0:12:50.1]
“if you want to be the best in the world, most of us are going to overwork ourselves.” — @TJDillashaw [0:16:10.1]
“Your biggest opponent is yourself.” — @TJDillashaw [0:18:00.1]
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.
Check out this episode!