On this week’s episode, we welcome Lauren Lobley of Delectable You, author of The Accidental Paleo. Lauren is here to tell us all about her vegetarian and mostly plant-based approach to the Paleo diet and unpack some of the contents of her book and dietary philosophy. In our discussion, we look back on Lauren’s history with food and how she decided on the title The Accidental Paleo. We then go on to talk about the intersection of vegetarianism and the Paleo diet and how dietary choices are so individual that it is really up to a person to find the right balance for themselves through research and experimentation. Lauren also tells us about her love for desserts and how she approaches this in the book and in her life. The book is not so much instructive and normative as an offering of supplementary and complementary ideas for a more rounded Paleo lifestyle. For all this and more, be sure to tune in!
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some of Lauren’s background and her dietary journey.
- Why Lauren calls herself and her book The Accidental Paleo.
- Understanding how vegetarianism and Paleo can fit together.
- A more personalized and experimental approach to the right diet.
- Helping people replace the filling parts of a meal with no grains and meat.
- Substituting sugary desserts with delicious and satisfying Paleo puddings.
- The two sections of audience that the book ideally caters to.
- Some of the most popular recipes from the book that Lauren uses weekly.
- The positive feedback that Lauren has received since publishing The Accidental Paelo.
- Lauren’s brand new dessert company, Delectable You.
- And much more
“We did eat meat, but we didn’t eat it all the time every single meal, because it wasn’t readily available all the time for every single meal.” — @DelectableYou [0:11:51.8]
“It’s your body that’s going to tell you what it needs, it’s not the trend.” — @DelectableYou [0:13:19.6]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Delectable You — http://delectableyou.com/
Lauren Lobley on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/laurenlobley/
Delectable You Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/_delectableyou_/
Delectable You on Twitter — https://twitter.com/DelectableYou
Lululemon — https://shop.lululemon.com/
Tony Horton — http://www.tonyhortonlife.com/
The Sustainable Dish — https://sustainabledish.com/
Chris Kresser — https://chriskresser.com/
April Wong — https://alovecreative.com/about/
Expedia — https://www.expedia.com/
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.