On this week’s episode we welcome Dr. Will Cole, senior director of the Functional Medicine Clinic and author of the book Ketotarian: The (Mostly) Plant-Based Plan to Burn Fat, Boost Your Energy, Crush Your Cravings, and Calm Inflammation. Now, if you’re thinking keto seems restrictive enough and that “if you take away my meat, I’m literally just eating an avocado with some spinach leaves on top,” you’re not alone, because that’s kind of what I was thinking when I heard about plant-based keto. But then I read Dr. Cole’s book, and I learned a lot. We get into it all in this episode, so be sure to listen!
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Background into Dr. Will Cole’s life and everything he’s involved in.
- The process of approaching a functional medicine doctor for help.
- Providing good content to educate people on more holistic approaches to medicine.
- Why doctors aren’t getting sufficient training on nutrition.
- Helping people stay motivated through structure, support, and community.
- A look at the timeline for working with a functional medicine doctor.
- Finding a balance in life to avoid becoming stressed out and obsessive.
- The impact of inflammation on the body.
- How a plant-based ketogenic approach in your diet can lower inflammation.
- Making informed decisions about what you put into your body.
- Dr. Will Cole’s ketotarian diet and whether everybody should be following it.
- The myth that keto is just all about fats and upping your fat intake.
- How much protein is too much protein and the protein supplements out there.
- And much more!
“We shouldn’t put things on our skin that we can’t eat.” — @drwillcole [0:06:28.1] “We need to change a lot beyond educational systems too, just to get people the time and the attention that they need.” — @drwillcole [0:20:49.1] “My goal is to get them to a place of self-sufficiency.” — @drwillcole [0:26:24.1] “We need to not be so obsessed about things to the point of it causing anxiety and stress.” —
@drwillcole [0:29:37.1] “I think variability is a good thing for our wellness journey.” — @drwillcole [0:51:52.0]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Paleo Magazine — https://paleomagazine.com/
Paleo Magazine on Twitter — https://twitter.com/paleomagazine
Paleo Magazine on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/paleomagazine/
Paleo Magazine Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/PaleoMagazine
Dr. Will Cole — https://drwillcole.com/
Dr. Will Cole on Twitter — https://twitter.com/drwillcole
Dr. Will Cole on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/drwillcole/
Ketotarian — https://www.amazon.com/Ketotarian-Mostly-Plant-Based-Cravings-Inflammation/ dp/0525537171/
Mindbodygreen — https://www.mindbodygreen.com/
Goop — https://goop.com/
Bustle — https://www.bustle.com/
Keto Talk Podcast — https://ketotalk.com/
Joel Salatin — http://www.polyfacefarms.com/
Diana Rogers — https://sustainabledish.com/
Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, Paleo Principles — https://www.amazon.ca/Paleo-Principles-Step-Step- Delicious/dp/1628609001/
Mark Sisson — https://www.marksdailyapple.com/
Robb Wolf — https://robbwolf.com/
Prime Retreats — http://primeretreats.com/
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.
Check out this episode!