This week we welcome the founder and CEO of Aggressively Organic, Jonathan Partlow. This new company is aiming to put an end to factory farming and the unsustainable food practices we see in the modern world by supplying customers with small scale vegetable and herb gardens that can be grown in any home. We talk to Jonathan about what inspired the creation of this business and the underlying philosophy behind it. He explains the centrality of food to any global crisis and how this may be averted in a modern context. From there, he goes on to tell us about the specifications of the product and services offered by Aggressively Organic and some of the details around what it takes to run one of the victory gardens. For a truly inspiring conversation from a dedicated change agent, be sure to tune in and hear what Jonathan has to say!
CLICK HERE FOR FULL TRANSCRIPT
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some background on Jonathan and his work at Aggressively Organic.
- Looking at the disparities and lack of sustainability in the US food industries.
- The lessons history can teach us about victory gardens and sustainable agriculture.
- The dimensions and specifications of the indoor gardens.
- The kinds of love that plants are proven to respond to.
- The importance of light and the benefit of the victory gardens’ panel lights.
- Sustainable harvesting and the longevity of the plants.
- The launch of the company and product and the timeline for ordering.
- What comes in a victory garden order and the different choices available.
- And much more!
“When you breed for higher shelf life, you breed out other characteristics..” — @HCIDME [0:10:35.8]
“So the biggest part about the intervention with our stuff is harvesting. That is where you really start to see some magic happen.” — @HCIDME [0:31:44.4]
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.
Check out this episode!