This week we bring you another best of Paleo Magazine Radio compilation—this time on the theme of gut health. We’ve put together a few pieces of different conversations we’ve had on the topic. We tried to pull out the most interesting and appropriate bite-sized chunks, but if you haven’t heard the full discussions, why not check them out too? Listen in to hear from Aglaée Jacob about stomach acid, Dr. Sarah Ballantyne about inflammation, and Dr. Norm Robillard and Dr. Michael Ruscio on digestion and the gut. Each segment is packed with useful information you are not going to want to miss.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL TRANSCRIPT
Key Points From This Episode:
- The importance of stomach acid.
- The alkaline diet.
- Testing and maintaining healthy levels of acid in the stomach.
- Talking poop and how to recognize healthy and unhealthy bowel movements.
- Inflammation and its centrality to our overall health.
- Causes and remedies for high and low levels of inflammation.
- Fermentable carbohydrates and overeating in the contemporary world.
- The benefits of fasting for all areas of our health.
- Gut health and its foundational position in the pyramid of our bodies.
- Diet as the primary step in addressing gut health before others.
- Looking at the Paleo diet from a gut perspective.
- Weighing the value of bone broth.
- And much more!
“It’s wonderful to feel confident in a bikini, but is it worth being sick or taking years off your life?” — @ThePaleoMom [0:20:06.3]
“There’re maybe two important proponents regarding diet for people to consider initially. One is the allergen content of foods and the other is the fermentability of foods.” — @DrRuscio [0:46:31.5]
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.
Check out this episode!