This week we welcome Victoria Field, a keto nutrition expert and cofounder of the Metabolic Health Summit. We talk all about the summit, which takes place in LA from January 31st to February 3rd, 2019. We also dive into how Victoria got her start in her work with KetoPet Sanctuary, a human-grade cancer therapy research project for dogs. Victoria is also giving listeners a special discount on tickets for the Metabolic Health Summit, so if you want to attend the event and get 20 percent off, listen in for details.
Key Points From This Episode:
- What led Victoria from the TV news industry to keto.
- What the keto diet did for her dog.
- Working with the Epigenix Foundation to kick off ketogenic protocols and validate the diet.
- Being a fit person on TV for the main stream consumer.
- Finding the balance: not being totally turned off but still not being sensitive to negativity.
- Birth of the KetoPet Sanctuary .
- The standard American diet for dogs.
- The benefit for dogs being on a ketogenic diet.
- Getting information out about KetoPet Sanctuary.
- How working with canines has translated to research on humans.
- The Metabolic Health Summit: a ketogenic experience.
- Speakers at the Metabolic Health Summit.
- And so much more!
“There’s something so strong and beautiful about being your authentic self, not caring what other people think.” — @victoria_field_ [0:14:59.1]
“We really need to start thinking about how we kind of shift our dog’s nutrition.” — @victoria_field_ [0:23:27.1]
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.