This week, we welcome Ben Pakulski. Ben is an ex-IFBB professional bodybuilder who now runs his own gym, as well the muscle-and-strength-building program Mi40Nation. Ben also hosts the uber-popular The Muscle Expert podcast. Ben and I immediately got along when we met recently. We see eye-to-eye on a lot of things and have a mutual love of learning and connecting with people who want to take a holistic approach to health and life. We also share a love for muscles and eating! We talk about all of this—and a lot more—in this episode. Listen in to hear it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Ben’s bodybuilding career and how he’s shifted to the coaching/training side of things.
- A holistic approach to intelligent muscle building.
- Tapping into your unconscious mind and paying attention to your unconscious beliefs.
- The gateway of meditation.
- The importance of belief in yourself—demonstrating internal discipline.
- The difference between being a trainer and a coach.
- Start to understand how the brain works on a physiological level.
- Using every opportunity to reinforce habits and create new ones.
- Ben’s personal meditation practice.
- The feeling of being grateful.
- Why Ben practices yoga.
- Ben’s goal and what he hopes to achieve through his podcast.
- Some of Ben’s favorite guests he has had on the podcast.
- Ben’s love for reading books.
- And so much more!
“Brilliant mind, resilient body.” — @IfbbBenPak [0:10:11.1]
“If you can start tapping in to your unconscious mind and paying attention to your unconscious beliefs, you can start changing your life.” — @IfbbBenPak [0:15:50.1]
“I believe everyone can fix themselves and heal themselves if they need to be fixed.” — @IfbbBenPak [0:24:13.1]
“Every moment of your life, every instant, is an opportunity to reinforce a habit or to create a new one.” — @IfbbBenPak [0:27:31.1]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Ben Pakulski — https://www.benpakulski.com/
Muscle Expert Podcast — https://benpakulski.podomatic.com/
Ben on Twitter — https://twitter.com/IfbbBenPak
Perfect Keto — perfectketo.com/paleomag
Tony Robbins — https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
Epigenetix — http://www.epigenetix.com/
Kute Blackson — http://kuteblackson.com/blog/
Dr. John Di Martini — https://drdemartini.com/
Joe Dispenza — https://drjoedispenza.com/
Jordan Peterson’s book, 12 Rules for Life — https://www.amazon.com/12-Rules-Life-Antidote-Chaos/dp/0345816021/
Power versus Force and Letting Go — https://www.amazon.com/Power-Force-David-Hawkins-M-D/dp/1401945074/
Dr. Wayne Dyre — https://www.drwaynedyer.com/
Malcom Gladwell’s master class — https://www.masterclass.com/classes/malcolm-gladwell-teaches-writing
Steve Martin’s master class — https://www.masterclass.com/classes/steve-martin-teaches-comedy
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.