In this episode, we welcome Sharon Brown, CEO and founder of Bonafide Provisions, a company specializing in real, organic bone broth. Most of us have probably heard of the benefits of bone broth, especially since it has become so trendy recently. Sharon is here to really unpack its benefits and tell us about its healing properties, which she learned from personal experience. Sharon’s son had troubled health from a very early age, and it wasn’t until experimenting with his diet, and subsequently centering it on bone broth, that she was able to combat what antibiotics and other approaches could not. This experience led her to study nutrition and eventually start Bonafide Provisions. In our conversation, we cover some basics for creating your own broth. We talk about amino acids, collagen, and also the best ways to include broth in a healthy diet. For all this and much more, be sure to tune in!
CLICK HERE FOR FULL TRANSCRIPT
Key Points From This Episode:
- Sharon’s backstory and how she and her family discovered bone broth.
- Turning a personal journey into a commercial service and business.
- The healthy dietary subtractions that go along with bone broth consumption.
- Basic rules when creating your own bone broth.
- Avoiding misleading products and common mistakes made when cooking broth.
- Collagen and recognizing good quality broth by its consistency.
- Glutamine’s powerhouse role in healing the gut.
- Healing the gut to combat issues in the brain.
- Using small amounts of bone broth in the rest of your cooking.
- Bonafide’s new range of soups!
- And much more!
“Because up to 85 percent of your immune system is in your gut, when you feel the gut, you heal the rest of the body.” — @bonafideprovis [0:08:38.6]
“The most important thing that you need to do when making bone broth is make sure that you have well sourced bones.” — @bonafideprovis [0:15:40.9]
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.
Check out this episode!