This week we welcome Dr. Josh Axe, founder of Ancient Nutrition and author of the new book The Keto Diet. In our conversation, we chat about the experiences and circumstances that led Josh to the keto diet and his work in that arena. We get into the ins and out of the diet, when to avoid it, how it can help, and the degrees to which we can use it to boost the various areas of our health. Josh talks about the powerful combination of ketosis and intermittent fasting, his own practices, some meal examples, hormones, and some of Ancient Nutrition’s exciting new products. For all this and more, tune in.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Josh’s own personal and familial experience with the keto diet
- Times to possibly avoid ketogenic diets.
- The spectrum of ketosis and subtly entering into it.
- A simple way to balance your fat intake.
- Keto cycling and finding your own balance.
- Josh’s own use of fasting periods.
- Examples of well balanced keto meals for breakfast, lunch and supper.
- Some of Josh’s recipes from The Keto Diet.
- The keto diet’s effect on hormones and insulin.
- Some of the exciting products that Ancient Nutrition has on the market.
- And much more!
“I may do a version of keto but not as often full-on keto.” — Dr. Josh Axe [0:11:33.2]
“Ketosis still is a spectrum, not a hard fine line.” — Dr. Josh Axe [0:17:51.7
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Elixinol — https://elixinol.com
Dr. Josh Axe — https://draxe.com
Ancient Nutrition — https://ancientnutrition.com
Paleo f(x) — https://www.paleofx.com
Hippocrates — https://www.britannica.com/biography/Hippocrates
Whole Foods Market — https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Sprouts — https://www.sprouts.com
Vitamin Shoppe — https://www.vitaminshoppe.com
Barnes and Noble — https://www.barnesandnoble.com
Mark Sisson — https://www.marksdailyapple.com
Chris Husong — https://elixinol.com/our-team/chris-husong-2/
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.