Today on the show we are joined by Erwan Le Corre, the founder of MovNat! Erwan has been developing and perfecting his ideas and practices around natural movement for twelve years, which has culminated in the publishing of his mammoth new book, The Practice of Natural Movement. He is here to tell us all about his health and exercise philosophy, pull out some concepts from the book, and get you excited to go run in the woods.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The impetus of The Practice of Natural Movement.
- What the process of writing it was like after many years of preparation.
- The contents of the 200 pages that were cut from the final edition.
- Understanding the principles of natural movement.
- Gauging our movement’s efficiency.
- Erwan’s work with MMA fighters and the overlap of techniques.
- Adaptability and the ever-changing natural environment.
- Customizing your practice according to your natural and unnatural surroundings.
- The truth and value of child’s play and movement.
- How parents can explore and encourage natural movement with their kids.
- The mental and mindful part of natural movement.
- Confronting limitation and the path to unconscious competence.
- And much more!
“There is no fluff in the book. Every piece of information, every little detail, is again practical, it’s really there to help you move better and put that into practice.” — @ErwanLeCorre [0:09:32.4]
“As much as you can and you should have lots of fun, finally allowing yourself to do these movements and have lots of fun in the process but it is also real practice and real practice means also commitment.” — @ErwanLeCorre [0:41:51.9]
“Natural movement is the forerunner of any other physical activity, sport, or discipline. There would be no yoga or tai chi without natural movement. There would be no American football, baseball, basketball, tennis, or any sport without natural movement.” — @ErwanLeCorre [1:00:18.7]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Erwan Le Corre — https://www.movnat.com/erwan-le-corre/
MovNat — https://www.movnat.com
The Practice of Natural Movement — https://www.amazon.com/Practice-Natural-Movement-Reclaim-Freedom/dp/162860283X/
Mark Sisson — https://www.marksdailyapple.com
Robb Wolf — https://robbwolf.com
Arnold Schwarzenegger — http://www.schwarzenegger.com
The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding — https://www.amazon.com/New-Encyclopedia-Modern-Bodybuilding-Updated/dp/0684857219
The Workout the World Forgot — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKGF-ErsJiI
Paleo Powder Seasonings — https://www.paleopowderseasoning.com
This episode’s sponsor is Jones Diary Farm, suppliers of all your favorite paleo certified breakfast meats. Check them out at JonesDairyFarm.com/paleo
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.