This week’s guest is Sandra Dorst, the founder of Shop AIP. In her late 30s, Sandra was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease that was potentially terminal. This experience changed her from someone who had very little interest in food and health to ultimately becoming the owner of an online health food store. Shop AIP is focused on stocking and providing a selection of carefully curated autoimmune-compliant products for those in need.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Sandra’s initial symptoms, disease, and diagnosis.
- The reasons Sandra was lucky to get a relatively quick diagnosis.
- Raising more awareness about the frequency of autoimmune issues.
- Stoic optimism and learning ways to improve the day.
- How Sandra discovered the importance of the AIP diet.
- The amazing response Sandra experienced by adopting new eating habits.
- Comparing her diet before and after.
- Starting Shop AIP and the process of stocking appropriate products.
- The biggest challenges to shoppers looking for AIP-compliant products.
- Some of Shop AIP’s bestsellers.
- Adding new products, shipping, and the expansion of the business.
- The current status of Sandra’s autoimmune issues.
- And much more!
“Very soon I learned about the autoimmune protocol. It took me two and a half years before I finally embarked upon it.” — Sandra Dorst [0:24:25.8]
“I wanted to make sure that, if it did and did not do something, that I could connect the dots easily. That I didn’t want to go through all of that effort and have the outcome be ambiguous.” — Sandra Dorst [0:28:52.1]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Sandra Dorst— https://relativelyunscathed.me
Shop AIP — https://shopaip.com
KC Natural — https://kcnatural.com
NUCO — http://www.nucoconut.com
Artisan Tropic — https://artisan-tropic.myshopify.com
Wild Zora — https://wildzora.com
Sweet Apricity — https://sweetapricity.com
The episode is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm, whose selection of animal based Paleo products can be perused at JonesDairyFarm.com/paleo.
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.