This week, we welcome Lisa Caras from Jones Dairy Farm to tell us all about the company’s very meaty business, which has been running for 130 years. Lisa shares her own personal career journey and recounts how she made her way back to the family business after working and studying in New York and Silicon Valley. She fills us in on the long and steady history of Jones Dairy Farm and reminds us how much the recipes have stayed the same for over a century. She explains what sets Jones bacon apart from that of other producers and how the time they have spent in the game gives Jones the upper hand. We talk small-batch production, health practices, preservatives and antibiotics, and some of the favorite items Jones offers.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Lisa’s background and her current work at Jones Dairy Farm.
- Moving out of the country and studying in New York City.
- A brief history of Jone Dairy Farm and what they currently do.
- Some of the raw and precooked products available through Jones Dairy Farm.
- What differentiates Jones bacon and makes it taste even better.
- The benefits of the small-batch production philosophy at Jones Dairy Farm.
- Jones Dairy Farm’s history of gluten- and preservative-free products.
- Current bestselling products offered by Jones Dairy Farm.
- Exciting new things on the horizon for the company.
- The network of farms with which Jones Dairy are connected.
- And much more!
“We pay more. We value higher quality pork bellies than a lot of other bacon producers. This is where you’re getting the best lean and fat ratio of pork belly.” — @JonesDairyFarm [0:12:36.4]
“We are a small family-owned company, and we don’t feel like we need to be the big commercial companies out there like you see. So it is our DNA.” — @JonesDairyFarm [0:18:40.9]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Jones Dairy Farm — https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/
Lisa Caras — https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-caras-mba-2a6750a
Intel — https://www.intel.com
IBM — https://www.ibm.com
WholeFoods — https://wholefoodsmarket.com
This episode is sponsored by Just Thrive Probiotics—real probiotics that do what they say they do! Visit ThriveProbiotic.com and use the code “paleomag15” at checkout for a 15% discount.
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.