In this quickie episode, we read a recent article from PaleoMagazine.com by Darryl Edwards titled “Seven Tips for Getting Paleo Fit.” In this article, Darryl unpacks seven great and easy ways to stay on top of ancestral exercise everyday and keep your body happy and healthy in the ways it biologically wants to. He talks about the outdoors, playfulness, practicality, integration, sleep, mindfulness, and avoiding overkill.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The contemporary ubiquity of static and sedentary behavior.
- A lack of holistic approaches to exercise and our evolutionary need for them.
- Getting outdoors for your exercise.
- The value of being playful in your workouts.
- Practicality and a pragmatic approach to your fitness.
- The integration of movement into a normal day’s routine.
- Sleep and the dangers of deprivation.
- Mindfulness in your exercise regimen.
- Avoiding overkill when you are strengthening your body.
- And much more!
“For many people, physical exertion is becoming increasingly optional, if not extinct.” — @FitnessExplorer [0:05:55.2]
“Doing a little bit more often and sitting less can be more healthful than one significant work effort at the end of the day after slouching at the desk for several hours.” — @FitnessExplorer [0:06:47.3
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Darryl Edwards — http://www.thefitnessexplorer.com/
Primal Play — https://www.primalplay.com/
Seven Tips to Get Paleo Fit — https://paleomagazine.com/seven-tips-to-get-paleo-fit/
Paleo f(x) — https://www.paleofx.com/
The American College of Sports Medicine — https://www.acsm.org/
This episode is sponsored by Just Thrive Probiotics—real probiotics that do what they say they do! Visit ThriveProbiotic.com and use the code “paleomag15” at checkout for a 15% discount.
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.