Today we’re going to give you a quick rundown and reminder of the basics of the Paleo diet and lifestyle. This might be helpful for understanding the foundation for anyone new to the Paleo way, explaining to other people more clearly or reminding yourself of any of the parts you may have glossed over for a while. You can also find our Paleo 101 article on our website, so you can refer back to it at any time if you need to after the show. In this episode, Ashleigh runs through the most basic of definitions, what is allowed and what is not, personal adjustments and tastes and how much the Paleo lifestyle can help you. She talks, sleep, the sun, vitamins, exercise, emotions, technology and more, so make sure not to miss this quick episode! Also, don’t forget to check out our show sponsor, ShopAIP for all of you AIP dietary needs and beyond. Shop AIP is offering a 10% discount when you use the code PALEOMAG at checkout!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A brief and basic definition of the Paleo diet.
- Eliminating the harmful new foods available at supermarkets.
- What to eat and what not to eat.
- How to add to the diet as you go, according to your needs and tastes.
- Health and social benefits of the diet and lifestyle.
- The smart exercise component of the Paleo approach.
- Sleep, vitamins, hormones and a rounded way of life.
- Community, face to face interactions, relationships and the importance of connection.
- Using technology and the modern world to your advantage and with boundaries.
- Stress management and your own way of staying happy and healthy.
- The three basic components of a healthy life according to Paleo.
- And much more!
“I thought it might be nice to take it back to basics for just a brief introduction, or a reintroduction to what the concept means for listeners and for people who are maybe new to Paleo.” — @paleomagazine [0:01:19.4]
“The paleo diet recommends whole, nutrient-dense foods and is at its most basic an elimination diet.” — @paleomagazine [0:04:30.6]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Paleo Magazine — https://paleomagazine.com/
Paleo 101 Article — https://paleomagazine.com/paleo-diet-101/
Episode 261 with Sandra Dorst — https://paleomagazine.com/pmr-261-overcoming-autoimmune-disease-with-shop-aip-founder-sandra-dorst/
This episode is sponsored by ShopAIP. Shop AIP is offering a 10% discount when you use the code PALEOMAG at checkout
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.