So you’ve heard about light therapy and now you’re wondering whether it’s just a passing fad in the world of health. Today on the podcast we speak to Scott Nelson, founder of Joovv, a company that offers red light and infrared LED light therapy through their diverse range of devices. From full body applications to portable, easy to use handheld devices, Scott shares how light therapy works at cellular level to produce an array of health benefits including improved sleep, muscle recovery, pain relief and skin regeneration, to name just a few. But before you think it’s all bogus – there is conclusive scientific research to back up these claims, and studies have shown how light therapy is successful even in the treatment of depression and jet lag. If you’ve considered going for light therapy or getting one of these devices, you’ll definitely want to listen to this episode to help you make a well-informed decision.
And special thanks to our sponsor, Paleo Powder. Be sure to visit their website to get a 25% discount on your order – only for Paleo Magazine Radio listeners – when you use promo code PALEOMAG at checkout.
Key Points From This Episode:
- An overview of Scott’s background working for traditional medtech companies.
- Starting off with light therapy, being skeptical and when Joovv launched.
- Where the name Joovv comes from and the rapid growth they’ve experienced.
- The great volume of published literature about the benefits of light therapy.
- Recognizing the lack of educational awareness and the availability of products in the market.
- Offering devices of various sizes for the entire body and for targeted areas.
- Benefits of smaller handheld devices for travelers.
- How red light therapy works and the difference between near, mid and far infrared wavelengths.
- Differentiating between all red and near infrared devices.
- Dosage guidelines, checking the energy output and ensuring that it’s third party tested.
- When you can expect to see positive results and the many factors that play a role.
- The two ways in which light therapy contributes to improved sleep.
- The widespread misconceptions about LEDs (SPOILER ALERT: It’s totally safe!).
- Who their predominant client base is and requirements for using these devices at home.
- And much more!
“Most people, when they hear about red light therapy, just like I did when I first learned about it, they’re very cynical. There’s no way that bright red lights can lead to all of these different health benefits.” — @joovvsocial [0:05:31.1]
“A lot of the elite athletes that use our devices, that is one of the areas that they notice a difference in right away is sleep.” — @joovvsocial [0:34:01.1]
“LED that is used to illuminate a room is vastly different from a medical grade LED that is used for the purpose of light therapy.” — @joovvsocial [0:39:11.1]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Joovv — https://joovv.com/
Joovv on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/joovvsocial/
Joovv on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/joovvsocial/
Scott Nelson on LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottnelsonlive
Paleo Powder — https://www.paleopowderseasoning.com/
Boston Scientific — http://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/Home.html
Medtronic / Covidien — https://www.medtronic.com/covidien/en-us/products.html
PubMed — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
Jones Dairy Farm — https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/
Ben Greenfield — https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/
Bulletproof Labs — https://bulletprooflabs.com/
This episode is sponsored by Paleo Powder. Paleo Powder is offering a 25% discount when you use the code PALEOMAG at checkout
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.