This episode is dedicated to Mark Sisson’s recent article in the June/July 2019 issue of Paleo Magazine titled “11 Lessons I’ve Learned About Aging Well.” We’re going to take a deeper look through the article and all the great wisdom that Mark shares across these 11 steps, including sleep, relationships, diet and more. Whether you get this info here on the podcast or just go straight to the source and read it in the magazine, make sure you hear what one of the greats has to say about something we all, hopefully, have to do: get older. Mark’s practical attitude and learned experience goes a long way to filling in some of the gaps and myths that are expounded in today’s health world. He offers a holistic and achievable framework to ensure getting older does not mean getting worse.
Thanks to our awesome show sponsor, Jones Dairy Farm! Be sure to check them out for your fix of all things meaty!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How well are we living as we live longer and longer?
- Obtaining and maintaining lean mass through the years.
- The importance and two main benefits of aerobic health.
- Avoiding injury through care and necessary precautions.
- Get as much protein as you can and eat as many animals as possible!
- Fostering meaningful relationships and reaping the benefits of connection.
- Purpose and finding meaning in your every day affairs.
- Building and raising a family as a satisfying and rewarding endeavor.
- The appearance of aging and its relation to actual health.
- The magic powers of broccoli and Indian food!
- Continuous challenges and revitalizing yourself through them.
- Sleep comes first; without it everything else falls apart.
- And much more!
“The single best decision I ever made for my long term health in fitness was to move away from the chronic cardio towards more strength training.” — @Mark_Sisson [0:04:04.3]
“The older you are, the more protein you need. The older you are, the worst you are at processing, metabolizing and utilizing protein.” — @Mark_Sisson [0:07:22.8]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Jones Dairy Farm — https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/paleo
Paleo Magazine — https://paleomagazine.com/
Mark Sisson — https://www.marksdailyapple.com/
Mark Sisson on Twitter — https://twitter.com/Mark_Sisson
Paul Saladino — https://www.paulsaladinomd.com/
KetoCon — https://www.ketocon.org/
This episode is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. Check out their great selection of certified-Paleo breakfast sausages, smoked meats, and bacon.
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.