You can never really have too much inspiration or too many hot tips about setting smart goals. When it comes to goal-setting, you really want to make sure that you set the right goals in the first place. Not just things that others are doing that look trendy, or goals that others are telling you that you should do. That’s where today’s episode comes in! On the show today we are going to read the article, Setting Smart Goals for Health. This one is from the August/September issue of Paleo Magazine by functional medicine practitioner and best-selling author of Unconventional Medicine and The Paleo Cure, Chris Kresser. This episode is short and sweet, and we dive into the tangible ways to set the right goals for yourself and how to achieve them as well.
Today’s show sponsor is Jones Dairy Farm, who is best known for their all-natural sausage, dry-aged center cute bacon, naturally smoked ham and Canadian bacon. So, if you are a fan of high-quality meats, head over to Jonesdairyfarm.com/paleo to learn more about their products.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The 5 basic healthy habits: not smoking, limiting alcohol, maintaining a healthy BMI, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep.
- Benefits of following the five low-risk lifestyle behaviors.
- Why many people still don’t live a healthy lifestyle, despite the benefits.
- Recognizing that not everyone is ready to make a change in their lives.
- The different stages of implementing change.
- How the support of a health coach can empower you to achieve lasting change.
- SMART Methodology of goal-setting: specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-bound.
“Let’s face it, change can be hard. Especially when it comes to transforming unhealthy habits into healthy ones.” — @chriskresser [0:02:38.1]
“Harvard researchers found that men who follow the five low-risk lifestyle behaviors could add an average of 12 years to their lives. For women that number jumped to 14.” — @chriskresser [0:03:16.1]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Chris Kresser — https://chriskresser.com/
Chris on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chriskresser
Unconventional Medicine — https://www.amazon.com/Unconventional-Medicine-Revolution-Reinvent-Healthcare/dp/1619617471
Jones Dairy Farm — https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/paleo
This episode is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. Check out their great selection of certified-Paleo breakfast sausages, smoked meats, and bacon.
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.