Today on the show we are joined by Colin Stuckert, the founder, and CEO of Wild Foods! Wild Foods is a young company, specializing in sourcing and producing the best ancestral foods available. Colin also has his own podcast called The Ancestral Mind, which is definitely worth checking out. He has hosted loads of very interesting conversations since its inception! This is a really cool chat and we cover a bunch of topics related to the paleo lifestyle, without focussing too much on just dietary issues.
Colin shares his story and how he turned a professional poker career into a life of entrepreneurship in health and wellness. Not afraid to shake things up, Colin opens up on topics ranging from movement to veganism, all of which you are not going to want to miss.
Do not forget to go get your 15% discount from chomps.com, when you use the code ‘paleomag’ at checkout. They have an amazing array of meat sticks and paleo snacks that you will definitely love if you do not already!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A little bit about Colin, his background and previous work before Wild Foods.
- Colin’s previous poker career and how this led to his current work.
- Balancing work and play and maintaining the joy of doing something for fun.
- Daily practices and the huge influence of reading on Colin’s life.
- How having a newborn has reinforced Colin’s beliefs about ancestral health.
- Standing desks, treadmill setups and getting more movement into each day.
- Some info on Colin’s podcast, The Ancestral Mind and his goals with it.
- A few notable topics and conversations they have had on the podcast!
- The emotionally charged debate over diet and how Colin deals with it.
- Background to Wild Foods and how Colin built up his business.
- The Wild Foods product line and building up the assortment based on Colin’s own needs.
- Good quality coffee and what Wild Foods has to offer with less caffeine.
- Some exciting things on the horizon for Colin, his podcast and Wild Foods.
“That’s really my mission today, to just promote the idea that we need to get back in touch with nature. With what we eat, how we move, how we sleep, how we raise kids.” — @WildFoodsCo [0:09:43.4]
“What I have found is that you are going to wax and wane and you have to be okay with letting yourself do that.” — @WildFoodsCo [0:15:43.7]
“What I am trying to do now is take a step back, be a little more creative, give myself a little bit of time to think.” — @WildFoodsCo [0:20:40.2]
“We connect a lot of education with the products and it’s kind of my sneaky way to get people to live better and eat better.” — @WildFoodsCo [0:44:25.8]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Chomps — https://chomps.com/
Colin Stuckert — https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-stuckert-82b650173
Wild Foods — https://www.wildfoods.co/
The Ancestral Mind Podcast — https://the-ancestral-mind-podcast.pinecast.co/
Colin Stuckert’s Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
The Golden Mean — https://agymlife.com/
Wild Foods on Twitter — https://twitter.com/wildfoodsco
Colin Stuckert on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/colinstuckert
Paleo f(x) — https://www.paleofx.com/
Warren Buffett — https://www.forbes.com/profile/warren-buffett/
Audible — https://www.audible.com/
Scribe — https://scribe.com/
Cal Newport — https://www.calnewport.com/
|Do not forget to go get your 15% discount from chomps.com, when you use the code ‘paleomag’ at checkout. They have an amazing array of meat sticks and paleo snacks that you will definitely love if you do not already!
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It’s easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.