From the December/January 2019 issue
- 1 bunch radishes, greens removed, sliced very thinly
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups greens (kale, chard, arugula, spinach, or a mix)
- 1/2 lemon
- TBSP chives, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the radishes, olive oil, a generous pinch of salt, and some black pepper. Arrange radishes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes, stir, then continue cooking an additional 5 minutes.
- While the radishes are cooking, poach the eggs. Fill a small saucepan with water and place over medium- high heat. Bring to a boil, then gently crack the eggs into the pot. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- To serve, divide greens between 2 serving plates. Squeeze lemon juice over each. Top with radishes and then with the poached egg. Garnish with chopped chives and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.