- 8 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 (15-oz) can pizza sauce
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 6–8 oz pepperoni, chopped
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a spoon, carefully scrape the gills out of the mushroom caps and discard. Place the caps gill-side up on the prepared baking sheet. Layer each cap with about 1/4-cup sauce, 1/4-tsp Italian herbs, 1/4-cup cheese, and equal amounts of bell pepper, scallions, and pepperoni.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the portobellos are tender and the cheese has melted. Serve garnished with with sliced basil