Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP pumpkin purée, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Grease and lightly flour (some arrowroot starch is fine for this) a standard 8-1/2-by-4- /2-inch loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, eggs, coconut sugar, pumpkin, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Blend using a hand mixer until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the arrowroot starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, and salt. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and blend on low until fully incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.