Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 22 mins
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate (such as Hu Kitchen), chopped into chunks
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon), optional
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Lightly grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, and salt.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the pumpkin, cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla. Process until smooth. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then spread the batter in the prepared skillet. Sprinkle the top lightly with the flaky sea salt, if using. Bake until just set in center but still soft, 18-22 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.