From the February/March 2020 issue
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Packed with antioxidants, raspberries contain more fiber than any other berry.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 TBSP ghee
- 1 (13.5-oz) can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 pints raspberries
- In a stainless steel bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, zest, and lemon juice. Place over a pot of boiling water and whisk constantly until mixture thickens to resemble pudding. Remove from heat and immediately strain with a metal strainer into a bowl. Add ghee and whisk until melted. Let cool.
- Remove can of full-fat coconut milk from fridge when cold and remove lid. Carefully scoop the solid white coconut cream off the top, leaving the clear separated coconut water behind.
- Put cream into a chilled bowl and add the maple syrup. Blend with a hand blender until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, put one pint of raspberries plus half of the other. Using the back of a spoon, mash the raspberries.
- To assemble, gather 4 small, chilled mason jars. Create layers by adding 3 spoonfuls of each ingredient and garnish with the leftover raspberries.