From the October/November 2017 issue
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning, divided use
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (or use dried cranberries or raspberries)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. P
- lace the chicken on one of the baking sheets and rub with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the squash and cauliflower on the remaining baking sheet. Rub with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast until the vegetables are tender and the chicken registers 165ºF when tested with a meat thermometer, 20-25 minutes.
- Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Shred or chop the chicken. Place in a large bowl and toss with the roasted vegetables and arugula.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Pour over the salad and toss gently.
- Top with the pomegranate seeds and serve.