A tasty alternative to traditional fries, rutabaga gives a traditional bite with exceptional flavor. The seasoned tapioca starch gives the fries added crunch while the paprika brings a little warmth to the dish.
Serves: 3-4 | Prep: 10 min | Cooks: 25 min
- 4 TBSP tapioca starch/flour
- 4 tsp hot paprika
- 20 oz rutabaga, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the tapioca starch and paprika in a shallow dish and gently mix together. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- While the oil is heating, gently toss the rutabaga strips in the starch/paprika mixture until all pieces are coated. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned fries and cook until they start to brown. Turn heat down to medium and continue cooking until the rutabaga is cooked through, turning fries occasionally so they cook evenly, about 20 – 25 minutes, depending on the thickness. Remove cooked fries to a paper towel lined plate and serve.