From the June/July 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
- 4 Italian sausage links, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into chunks (variety of colors looks best)
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Optional serving: fried eggs, scrambled eggs, avocado…salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add sausage, peppers, onion, oil, and spices and mix well to combine. Thread sausage, peppers, and onions through metal skewers, alternating the sausage, pepper, and onion.
- Grill skewers, rotating occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and peppers are softened and slightly crispy, about 15 minutes. Serve with eggs of your choice and sliced avocado if desired.